DIY Coloured Pencil for Beginners
How does this course work?
In my experience beginner artists often feel uncertain about using colour; which colours to use, how to mix them and how to achieve a natural look. It’s really quite simple once you know how. There are universal laws which once known, support you to create beautiful, full colour work that mirrors the world around you. In this course I show you how with artist quality coloured pencils.
Some drawing experience is recommended as you will be applying colour to line drawings but I do give drawing tips for those of you who have no drawing experience and want to give it a go.
If you’ve done my line and tone drawing for beginner’s courses you will be ideally equipped to soak up colour theory.;-)
What do I get in this course?
- Access to my Mindfulness and creativity audio.
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and exercises that show you how to apply colour.
- Pictures drawn by me for you to copy.
- Email feedback when you need it. This is the same material I teach in my face to face classes and workshops and I have years of experience with beginners. I understand the uncertainty and doubts you may feel and have provided strategies to keep you on track and motivated because I also know the rewards and the magic!
- You get access to my private Facebook group where students can chat, upload drawings and become part of an inspiring and supportive online creative community.
- I am never negative or judgemental; my mission is to extend you and to give you techniques that enable your learning. I’m here to support you and to help you be your very own greatest supporter!
“Kimbra finds complimentary ways of showing you how to achieve a better result, without saying anything negative about your work. She gives you her full attention, with good examples and analogies you can personally relate to”.
What Do I Learn?
- Simple mindfulness techniques to help you relax and support you on your creative journey into the magical world of colour.
- An introduction to the mysteries of the colour wheel, first conceived by Sir Isaac Newton and used by artists throughout the centuries to dazzle and inspire.
- To mix and blend all the colours in the spectrum using only three coloured pencils and discover the magic that makes it possible.
- Coloured pencil drawing techniques, enabling you to layer, blend and achieve the light and dark tones exactly when you want them.
- To draw in full colour and achieve three dimensional, realistic drawings of fruit and flowers. You are not limited to these subjects; this technique can be applied to any subject of your choice.
- Drawing tips for those of you with limited drawing experience.
- Simple techniques for achieving the most visually appealing compositions.
Unlocking the secrets of colour gives you the confidence and empowerment to go ahead and create drawings that look real, that satisfy the creative urge to represent the wonders of nature or any subject of your choice, on a two dimensional surface.
approx USD67, AUD92, GBP49