DIY Tone for Absolute Beginners
How does this course work?
This is a do-it-yourself course for absolute beginners, where you learn how to shade or as we say in the art world, draw in tone. Drawing in tone enables you to make your drawings look three dimensional, it’s very empowering! I’ve designed the course to cover all the issues that may come up so you work independently but you can relax knowing if you do get stuck you can email me and I’ll show you how to move on.
“Thank-you for your feedback and explanations. Knowing that I’m not doing anything wrong helped me relax and enjoy the process!”
If you have no drawing experience, I recommend you do my Interactive or DIY drawing for beginners in line course. To manage tone effectively you do need some experience with line drawing.
What do I get in this course?
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and exercises that show you how to draw.
- Pictures drawn by me for you to copy.
- Video demonstrations of techniques.
- Email me if you need help.
- Access to my private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and become part of an online art community.
What Will I Learn?
- Simple mindfulness techniques to optimise your learning.
“I love the way the mindfulness exercises do slow me down enough to observe.”
- How the two hemispheres of your brain, the right and the left process information. The right is more perceptual and creative, whilst the left is more verbal and analytical. I will show you how to activate them to maximise your potential.
- To see light and shadow on objects and how this capacity enables you to draw realistically.
- How to guarantee light, mid and dark tones and how to blend them to create realistic, three dimensional drawings.
- Compositional techniques and strategies.
- By the end of this course you will be able to draw a still life with three pieces of fruit in full tone.
- You will be able to transfer these techniques to subjects of your choice.
- Drawing consolidation. This is an ideal way of moving forward if you already know how to draw in line. You bring line and tone together to create realism and three dimensions.
Give it a go, it’s just a matter of applying the techniques and strategies, everyone can learn!
approx USD57, AUD74, GBP42