Interactive Line Drawing for Beginners
How Does This Course Work?
In this course you post questions, comments and drawings in a blog like format and I respond with comments and drawings specifically tailored for you. You can post as often as you like and I respond within two days. I am encouraging and supportive and it is my mission to help you learn to draw.
Sometimes when we have the urge to try something new or fulfill a long held dream, we experience doubt and uncertainty. This is normal and understandable especially round drawing, because it is generally not taught; it’s like trying to play a guitar when no one has shown you how. I’m here with you to show you how, to motivate and encourage you, to give you the techniques and strategies that enable drawing.
Below are pre and post instruction drawings done by a student of her hand.
“Kimbra is such a lovely person and generous teacher. I love how Kimbra makes sure you are comfortable and understand all the topics. She is very gentle and was only too happy to give explanations as often as I needed them. I enjoyed the course and am happy with what I achieved.”
What Do I Get?
- Simple Mindfulness techniques to help you relax and optimise your learning. Mindfulness enables creativity.
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and exercises that show you how to draw.
- Pictures drawn by me for you to copy.
- Video demonstrations of techniques.
- Access to my private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and become part of an online art community.
What Do I Learn?
- I show you how to see and draw contours around objects. Contour is the art word for line. Imagine you’re driving a car along a road; you go over bumps, up hills, into dips, down hills and round corners. It’s exactly the same with drawing – the contour or outline you’re seeing, say, around a flower or a bird, is like a road. It has bumps, dips and corners and you just follow them with your pencil, just as you would if you were riding a bike!
- I show you how to activate the eyes of your right hemisphere which sees everything, just as it really is. It’s quite simple to access; all you have to do is slow down! What could be better than having a mental rest? You relax, become mindful and are able to see visual information i.e. the outline around a bird, a plane, Super-woman!
“The amazing thing this course is doing for me, is teaching me to see! I walk in the gardens almost every day. It now takes me about five times as long because I keep stopping to marvel at the contours of the plants and I have noticed that each duck in the flock has different colours and patterns on its feathers. It is beautiful. Thank-you Kimbra.”
- Discover the secrets of proportion and accuracy with specific skills used by artists and learn to draw realistically.
“Yay, I’m so impressed I managed to draw this…never thought I could.”
Everyone can learn to draw, including you, right now is always just the right time.
approx USD114, AUD148, GBP84