Interactive Coloured Pencil for Beginners.
How does this course work?
In my experience beginner artists often feel uncertain about using colour; which colours to use, how to mix them and how to achieve a natural look. It’s really quite simple once you know how. There are universal laws which once known, support you to create beautiful, full colour work that mirrors the world around you. In this course I show you how with artist quality coloured pencils.
Some drawing experience is recommended as you will be applying colour to line drawings but I do give drawing tips for those of you who have no drawing experience and want to give it a go.
If you’re familiar with drawing or have done my line drawing for beginner’s course you will be ideally equipped to soak up colour theory.
What do I get in this course?
- Simple mindfulness techniques that support you to relax and optimise your learning.
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and exercises that give you an in depth understanding of colour theory.
- Pictures drawn by me for you to copy.
- Video demonstrations of techniques.
- Feedback and encouragement from me throughout the duration of the course. You post your drawings and comments in a blog like format and I respond within two days with detailed feedback, explanations and demo drawings, tailored specifically for you. I will be with you every step of the way to encourage, inform and inspire you!
- You are in a classroom environment where there may be other students who have signed up round the same time as you and you will have the opportunity to interact with and support them. Or because you can sign up anytime, it may be just you and me and you get my undivided attention!
- I provide a safe environment where you are treated with respect and care.
- You get access to my private Facebook group where students can chat, upload drawings and become part of an inspiring and supportive online creative community.
- I am never negative or judgemental; my mission is to extend you and to give you techniques that enable your learning. I’m here to support you and to help you be your very own greatest supporter!
“Kimbra finds complimentary ways of showing you how to achieve a better result, without saying anything negative about your work. She gives you her full attention, with good examples and analogies you can personally relate to”.
What Do I Learn?
- The mysteries of colour theory; I will show you the miraculous, universal laws of the colour wheel, first conceived by Isaac Newton and used by artists throughout the centuries to dazzle and inspire.
- To mix and blend all the colours in the spectrum using only three coloured pencils.
- Coloured pencil drawing techniques, enabling you to layer and blend and achieve light and dark tones exactly when you want them.
- To draw in full colour and achieve three dimensional, realistic drawings of fruit and flowers. You are not limited to the former; this technique can be applied to any subject of your choice.
- Drawing tips.
- Simple techniques for achieving the most visually appealing compositions.
- How mindfulness supports the creative process.
Unlocking the secrets of colour gives you the confidence and empowerment to go ahead and create drawings that look real, that satisfy the urge to create the wonders of nature or any subject of your choice, on a two dimensional surface.
approx USD139, AUD181, GBP102